Babylon Wine Making Kit
Red, White and Rose Wine
1. Clean the fermenter thoroughly with water and soda detergent. Rinse thoroughly with cold water.
2. Pour Mixed Dried Fruits Pack into fermenter,add 4 kg sugar, then add 5-7 lit of hot water and stir well to dissolve all the sugar. Leave for 1-2 hours.
3. Top up to 23 lit with water.
Check the temperature is below 28-30°C.
4. Evenly sprinkle wine Yeast & yeast Nutrients over the mixture, leave for 15 min and mix well slowly. Close the lid of the fermenter tightly with the airlock in place and half filled with water. Leave fermenter for fermentation, open the lid 2-3 times under prosses and mix slowly.
Note: mixture’s temperature before adding of yeast to it should not exceed 25 - 30°C.
5. Store the fermenter at a constant room temperature, 20-25°C, for 7-12 days. At lower temperatures it will take longer fermentation time. 25°C is recommended temperature. Avoid drafts and cold floors!
1. Syphon or pour the wine very slowly into another clean fermenter through a fine mesh strainer to get rid of the sediment.
2. Prepare a Gelasol & wine Stabilizer solution.
Warm up 0.5L of wine from your fermenter till 50-60C, add Gelasol, mix well and leave for 30 min. Then add the solution directly to the fermenter.
Add ClariSil to the fermenter and mix well again.
The wine will now start to clarify. It takes several days for the wine to completely clear. Once clear, decant the wine into bottles and seal. This young wine is drinkable now, but better quality is achieved by aging for a few months.
Constant temperature 22-30°C is important for the process. Too high temperature can kill yeast cells, too low might not start fermentation at all or cause very slow fermentation process. Before you start to add clarificaton agents and stabilizer to wine, make sure the fermentation is completly finished. Otherwise the clarification process will not be successful, yeast odour will still be present and that strongly effects the quality of the finished product. During fermentation you can open the fermenter and mix the brew slowly for a short time. Do not leave the fermenter open, make sure the lid is always closed hermetically afterwards.